- a step-by-step tutorial designed to help you find the Neff product
that fits your data acquisition needs.
Anyone assigned the task of selecting a data acquisition
system must first learn something about the test to be performed
and the type and extent of analysis to be performed on the resulting
data. These criteria will help provide the basis on which subsequent
decisions are founded.
- Quantity of each type of transducer
- Signal magnitude
- Signal frequency
- System accuracy
Other parameters should be added or calculated.
- Filtering requirements
- Channel sampling rate based on aliasing, signal
reconstruction, or skew between channels
- Aggregate throughput rate based upon the sampling
rate and the number of channels
on Filters, Sampling and Throughput
Operating common-mode voltage requirements and rejection
of these voltages; CMRR.
- Still other issues must be resolved in some cases
- Phase shift between channels even when sampled
- Must sampling be synchronized with external events?
on Shifts, Triggers, etc.